Friday, June 24, 2011

(Recommended Reads) A Lie For A Life by Brainhaze

Yesterday I was enjoying the last full day of our family vacation. Today, my wife is with the police identifying my possessions.

I remember seeing a fortune teller when I was in my last year of college, at a Country Fayre near my home-town. She read my palm and apparently my ‘life-lines’ were the most interesting she’d ever seen. She was a middle aged lady, but her forehead was so wrinkled it looked like a prune, with more creases and folds than I could count. She had wisps of dyed brown hair poking out of the head scarf she wore. Her prediction was I’d either live a fulfilled-short-life or, I would face a dramatic crossroads midway through my life forcing a fatal change. She wasn’t sure which of the two it would be. I found both possibilities confusing; utter cock ‘un bull; and at the time, just a downright rip off, of my hard earned five pounds. Turns out however, she was right, on both forecasts...

click here to read the rest

No comments:

Post a Comment