Thursday, August 26, 2010

CREATIVE WRITER WITH A CREEPY TWIST - they're gonna put that on my grave aren't they?


Well I hope so...

Anthony Venutolo of the sublime and jazzy blog BUKOWSKI'S BASEMENT has honored me with the Creative Writer Blogger Award -- With a Creepy Twist.

Very cool and I am very grateful, the recognition of my fellow bloggers means a lot.




As a recipient of this award I must now tell you Seven Lies and One Truth or Seven Truths and One Lie about myself. You decide which is which...

1.) Every woman I truly loved had hair that was a shade of red.

2.) In my twenty years of writing I have gotten over 1,000 rejection slips and sold only 12 or so stories for a total lifetime profit of around $750.

3.) I watch the movie PHANTASM every year on my birthday.

4.) I have seen one UFO, two ghosts, something I hope to God was a bat and been affected by what I can describe as divine intervention.

5.) Joe Hill's novel HORNS had such a profound effect on me that they had to up my meds.

6.) The only reason that all three of my younger brothers haven't scored with more chicks than me is because one of them is only ten years old but give him time folks.

7.) I think the song HOTEL CALIFORNIA is terrifying.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! I won't even hazard a guess on your truths and lies - but I totally agree with #7. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wear it well, sir...

    Now, lemme guess... Damn, these are so hard.

    Hmmmmm. All TRUE axcept No. 7: "7.) I think the song HOTEL CALIFORNIA is terrifying."

    ReplyDelete