Monday, October 26, 2009

Heard you missed me... I'm back!

We went from North Carolina to Maine via a one night stop in Albany. I had hoped there would be time to touch base with my family but we got there so late that only a small group of my friends ventured out to take us to dinner and keep us awake far too late.

The next morning we all overslept so my hopes of visiting ZOMBIE PLANET too bad really, I love the smell of rulebooks in the morning.

I hope the family and friends I missed out on won't be too angry with me.

We reached Maine and my sister-in-law's place by late afternoon and while the guys relaxed and puttered around the women went out shopping. I had a chance to play with my sister-in-law's MacBook.

I want one!

(And plan to get one this month...)

I checked in on emails and twitters and stuff and then settled down to have dinner.

When the wedding day came there was the standard chaos, my daughter stained her flower girl dress within seconds of putting it on. Things were misplaced or left behind- in the case of my undershirt that wasn't to bad, in the case of the wedding dress... that caused some mayhem.

Finally the moment of truth came and my sister in law was married and now on her way to the happily ever after she more than deserves. She made a lovely bride - and my wife as the wife was utter hawtness as the matron of honor. If I hadn't already been married to her I would have asked her for a date at the reception.

Also at the reception we received many compliments on my daughter's lovely calico print dress, except that it wasn't calico print it was just that my daughter kept staining it again and again as the evening went on until she started leave a trail of gravy behind her.

The next morning came far to early and after a completely non-nutritious breakfast we were on the road again, the trip back was more direct but we still had to stay overnight in a motel and I realized over my continental breakfast that I had turned 42.

Of course all I have to do is remember slow dancing with my wife at the reception to feel young again.

2 comments: