Tuesday, February 9, 2010

(Recommended Article) Mad Mad Mad Mad Movies: The Beast Within (1981): or, I've Got You Under My Skin



I like to flatter myself that I've seen a lot of movies. Also, that a large number of those movies involve either directly or perifpherally some kind of monster, which more often than not is a metaphor for some larger societal concern or truth. I've seen giant lizards that were metaphors for nuclear destruction. I've seen pieced-together, reanimated corpses that were stand-ins for the terror of science run amok. I've seen wolfmen that subbed for the ugly animal instincts at work in even the nicest of men. And I've seen an awful lot of naked sexy lady-loving female vampires that served as signifiers of the fact that I fucking LOVE to see naked sexy lady-loving female vampires...



click here to read the rest (1981): or, I've Got You Under My Skin

No comments:

Post a Comment