Tuesday, July 17, 2012

ADVENTURES IN NERDLINESS is just talkin' 'bout SHAFT

Now, I love Blaxploitation films. It is one of my favorite genres. So, how is it that I have let the king of all Blaxploitation films elude me for so long? Perhaps it was the notoriety, or DVD availability? I don't know, but after watching The Mack, considered by some to be the greatest Blaxploitation film, I decided it was high time I saw Shaft. 

If you have not seen this film, you probably know a few things already. He's the black private dick, who's a sex machine to all the chicks, and he's a bad mutha. There is a bit more to it than that. John Shaft (Richard Roundtree) is a private investigator in Manhattan (I assume Manhattan, as there seems to be a lot of old school, pre-Guliani Times Square action, and some Greenwich Village activity). A big time gangster from Harlem has been looking for Shaft, and the police want to know why. As there is a mystery angle to the story, I'll leave things there...

 

To read the rest of the article click here

No comments:

Post a Comment