Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hey do you want to hear something weird and irrelevant? (Except to me of course)

So here I am working on my serial novel when I should be doing housework for the missus.

(Shhhh don't tell her!)

And I'm going over my character notes that I had written up at least a decade ago.

One of the characters is a former marine and a veteran of the battle of Khe Sanh. I can honestly tell you that in the years between the planning and revising and re-revising of this project that I had forgotten the specific name of the battle until today.

Then I remembered President Obama's inaugural address "For us, they fought and died, in places like Concord and Gettysburg; Normandy and Khe Sanh"

I tell you folks there are few things in this world I love more than a little serendipity.

Not much of a post really but I just had to share that.

No comments:

Post a Comment