Tuesday, January 16, 2024

STORIES IN THE KEY OF LOVECRAFT


 

 

I think I'll start with the alarm. It was a loud and ugly electronic sound. At first, I thought it was part of a dream brought on by the pain or the morphine. But once I had fully awoken, I realized I was alone in the infirmary of the cruise ship...


The air was humid and thick with pollen. The path that led through the field was uneven and uphill. The grass that bordered it was thickly flowered with blooms the color of blood. Trees surrounded them, hemlock spruces and white cedars. Occasionally a cicada-like hum would rise up from all around and then fade away...

 

I can only hope this email reaches you. Have I ever told you that your steadfast friendship has been one of the great constants in my life? If not I should have done so far sooner than now...

 

Jessie Warren and his get rich quick schemes made him a source of embarrassment for the whole town of Zebulon, West Virginia...

 

 

I must be quick because I am not sure how much time I have left...

 

Everyone thought she had gone home hours ago...



The sound of the ocean crashing up on the rocks. If I close my eyes it sounds like applause. The storm has left the beach is deserted, but she said she'd be here. She promised...

No comments:

Post a Comment