Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hey fellow old farts - do you remember BATTLE OF THE PLANETS?

From BOING BOING
It's one of the first US adaptations of a Japanese anime series that I am aware of (Robotech is my favorite in this genre). Sandy Frank Productions draws on all the popular sci-fi memes of the day and brutally rips off R2-D2 to create a fast, fun and confusing series. Five young and highly-trained agents who dress like birds and fly like gravity doesn't exist gather to defend the Earth from Zoltar, the Luminious One, and planet Spectra...




Hey! This is a Sandy Frank production! You know what that means!

1 comment:

  1. I used to love Battle Of The Planets. Pretty sure I adapted all the characters to V&V, but I've been afraid to revisit it in case it doesn't match up to my nostalgic recollections

    ReplyDelete