Saturday, August 17, 2013

DAY OF THE WOMAN rightly eviscerates the very idea of I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE 2

From DAY OF THE WOMAN
 

 

I have been avoiding this topic like an open container at a frat party, but seeing this poster has officially compelled me to finally give my two cents on the topic of I Spit On Your Grave 2. I'll start this article like I start most of mine on the topic of ISOYG, with the reminder that this website gets its name from the original title of ISOYG, which was Day of the Woman. The original 1978 film was a groundbreaking (and arguably misunderstood) look into the rape revenge subgenre of horror films. Many people view the original film as exploitative, but the original I Spit On Your Grave was Meir Zarchi's attempt at working through his own personal anger towards the unnecessary violence he had witnessed firsthand towards women. He has publicly stated numerous times that ISOYG was meant to serve as social commentary...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment