Tuesday, May 28, 2013

(Recommended Reads) " Are Us Horror Fans In Love With Nostalgia, Or The Movies Themselves?" by FREDDY IN SPACE

After looking forward to this 3 day weekend for several weeks, day dreaming about the awesome yard sales and walks along the beach I would be partaking in, the weekend has thus far turned out to be a total mess of broken toes, parking violations and gloomy weather. So here I sit, at 1 o'clock on Saturday afternoon, sipping on a glass of wine and Tweeting out random thoughts about the horror genre. Not exactly what I had in mind for the weekend, but hey, I guess it's not so bad.

 

Since ranting on Twitter gets a little old, with thoughts being limited to only 140 characters at a time and all, I figured it'd be better to just take to the blog with this particular rant, rather than cluttering up your Twitter feed. That's a luxury I've afforded myself, having my own blog, and I'm going to use it.

 

Now before we even begin here with my wine fueled rant, I just want to say that I don't mean to criticize anyone with what I'm about to type. In fact, I myself am guilty of many of the things I'm going to be ranting about. All I'm looking to do here is start some intelligent discussion, and get some thoughts off my chest. I love you all, and I love the horror genre dearly, but that doesn't mean I don't have some issues with the community, and the way we deal with things. If you understand that, and agree not to start bashing me for my thoughts, then you may proceed...

 

click here to read the rest

No comments:

Post a Comment