Saturday, July 9, 2011

So, I finally got a chance to see KICK-ASS

I know, I know. After talking about it on the blog I'm only seeing it now. Sadly the financial meltdown that overtook my life made me put it all on the back burner.

But now I have seen it (and thanks to a friend I have also read the comic) and I really enjoyed the movie. It was incredibly over the top and had a lot of heart. I found it superior to the comic in every way, a little more joyful in its premise and fun.

It goes without saying that Chloƫ Moretz stole the show as Hit-Girl and not just because her character is a pint-sized version of Wolverine. The young actress in question really brings a lot to the role and I hope to see more work from her in the future. And I especially hope she doesn't go all Lindsay Lohan on us.

So here's to you KICK-ASS you were worth the wait.

Oh by the way… an amusing side note the first book I ever wrote was called THE HERO. I wrote it back in 1986 when I was in high school when I should have been paying attention and learning basic punctuation and stuff. It was about a high school kid that tries to be a super hero but it had my standard over the top humor and sudden left turns into just plain weirdness.

It was a pretty lousy book by a pretty weird 18 year old but it made my classmates laugh when they read it so that was cool.

The main character by the way was called Captain Hero just like the main character of my LOCAL HEROES stories. I guess the more things change the more they stay the same.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that book. You also signed my yearbook Captain Hero. Good times, good times.

    URBBFF

    ReplyDelete