Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sir Timothy Of Kent got to see YELLOWBRICKROAD before I did! WAHHHHHHHHH! No fair!

He posted a very well thought out review on his blog... check it out!

YellowBrickRoad, from the writing/directing team of Andy Mitton and Jess Holland, is frustratingly close to genius.

The powerful set-up (detailed above) had me hooked from the outset with its Lovecraftian overtones and engaging mystery, and this certainly isn't a movie that spoonfeeds answers to its audience.

I love a good mental challenge as much as the next person and films that don't necessarily spell out everything that's going on, but YellowBrickRoad suffers because - in a similar way to Lost - it is ultimately too obscure and obtuse.

While it is certainly a film that will stay with you as you try to ponder what fate befell the inhabitants of Friar - and the contemporary expedition  - I don't believe there are actually enough clues to adequately fill in the gaps....



 

1 comment:

  1. Cheers, mate. I was worried that my review was rather rambling ;) So glad to know it was actually "well thought out".

    ReplyDelete