Monday, June 6, 2011

HUMAN CENTEPEDE: FULL SEQUENCE banned in the UK

Via TWITCHFILM

 In the UK and awaiting your chance to see the sequel to Tom Six's cult hit The Human Centipede (First Sequence)? Well, unless the BBFC have a radical change of heart it aint going to happen. Not by legal means, anyway. Not ever. The British Board Of Film Classification have rejected the film outright, calling it "sexually violent and potentially obscene" in a way so pervasive that it cannot even be remedied by cuts. Though the filmmakers have six weeks to appeal, if the decision stands it means that the film cannot be sold legally within the UK. Here's the complete judgement, but be aware that it does contain spoilers...
 


Funny... I enjoyed the first HUMAN CENTEPDE but this one seems a little off putting, much like what I have read and scene of A SERBIAN FILM. I wonder if I am becoming more of a wussy in my old age, Yet oddly enough I have enjoyed the French horror films Frontier(S), Matyrs and Inside.

Go figure.

 

1 comment:

  1. Not that I have any interest in seeing it, but this film has NOT been banned, it has been refused a certification - which (if I've got this right) means if a cinema wishes to show Human Centipede 2 it needs special permission from its local council.

    However, what it does mean is that the film (I believe) cannot be legally sold on video/DVD/Blu-ray.

    The trouble with all these "sensational" stories is the films concerned are invariably bollocks and not worth the price of admission/pirate DVD anyway ;)

    And this one sounds like a real humdinger!!!

    ReplyDelete