Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Reading, Writing and Recommendations

You know I'm not the only Twitter-er doing #5secfic... here are a few others I have enjoyed...

darcknyt
#5secfic Running low on chocolate angels, Felix waited for dark & trotted to the dog park, pooper scooper in hand, plastic bag at the ready.

#5secfic He thought it was because of his threatening imposing phyique that The Flatulator always got the presidential suite at conventions.

#5secfic "Now, Cpt. Hero," Nefario hissed, "you can save Doomsday girl or your poodle Mr. Frenchy from The Shredder, but not both. CHOOSE!"


BryceBeattie
Dave leaned in for the kiss and saw food stuck in her teeth. He tried to abort gracefully but ended up with spinach in his hair.

Eagle Eye Jack saw the bird pluck the tiny silvery fish from the water 100 yards away then steered the frigate into a cliff.


And for some longer works I enjoyed and I think you might as well..


Camp by Jeremy C. Shipp
My muscles tighten. My teeth clench. My irritable bowel is seriously pissed off.

I'm no good at sitting.

"Hold it together," my dad tells me. Not physically here, of course, but why would that stop him? Hold it together--that's easy for him to say. He's made of steel bars and rivets and bolts. Me, I'm held together with Elmer's glue and pushpins and chewing gum.

Memories vibrate. They fall and crack open.
Click Here to read the rest


Here is one of Kate Sherrod's Suppertime Sonnets
I left the office, stood in pouring rain.
Ahead of me those dark, forbidding skies
Loomed angry, as though I had caused the pain
That leaked from all those clouds into my eyes.
Behind me, though, as I pulled far away
Out of the shadow of the building there
Was perfect blue and sunshine. I did stay,
Admiring the demarcation where
The two skies met, a moment, then turned on
To Yellowstone Ave, already soaked through,
Hair plastered to my face and eyebrows drawn
In concentration. All I sought was to
Turn east onto the Greenway and to see
The rainbow that would show my path to me.


Here is Pandemic Danny (made in DNA)
Danny sat quietly, a sporadic jerk the only thing punctuating his otherwise silent countenance. His left eye had gone milky white with cataract, his skin was a mottled yellow and sickly, and despite the fair temperature of the room on a fine spring morning, whispery rivulets of sweat snuck their way down his hot brow passed his earlobe until they found a hiding spot under his jaw.

Click here to read the rest


Woven Threads of Our Sunday by Fantasia Lillith (Sweetly Gloriously NSFW)
Sunrise on Sunday morning…

Some love it for the guarantee of brunch, the paper and coffee in bed, for time with friends and family, or for the slow and easy pace the world seems to take on that second weekend day.

Some see it as the end of the week, I prefer it as the first day of mine. For me it is the promise of hours of slow, sweet fucking, and the launching of my soul to depart and float forward and mingle with his, that makes Sunday my “it” day.

Click here to read the rest


And if you aren't reading Juan Santapan's The Secret Knots you better start!



And last but not least Cooking with LP by Benjamin Kotz
Welcome to a this weeks episode of Cooking with LP!

My name is Ben and on this weeks episode we’ll be grilling ribs on the grill using our rotisserie!

Click here to read the rest...

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Al, thanks for the shout-out, bud. I enjoyed those other pieces too. I'm grateful you do this web round-up.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete