Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Rock-a-Bye Bully" by J Dayne Tyler aka DarcKnyt

On of my online writer pals posted this little tale recently and I thought it was pretty much terrific so I am sharing it with you folks.

"Rock-a-Bye Bully" by J Dayne Tyler aka DarcKnyt

I stood in the fresh country air, feet on the lower runner of a split rail fence, elbows on the upper. The strong sun beat down from behind the hazy clouds in the cadet blue sky and beaded sweat from under my long, silky bangs. The tall grass tickled in the muggy breeze and bugs buzzed and whined somewhere in it.

In the distance the trees seemed dense. Jungle dense. To a west coast kid, this place was like Africa or South America. It felt like being in the Amazon basin, and I expected night time to be filled with alien sounds of nocturnal animals crying their bloodthirsty wails into the stillness at the moon.

But it’s only Kentucky...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out, Al. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete